Frequently Asked Questions
Will online training work for my dog?
- Yes, my online training site works by giving you specific exercises to work on that build on the previous exercise. I have been perfecting these exercises for the past 20 years and have helped thousands of dog owners resolve problematic behavior and gain voice control over their dogs through these exercises.
- I provide you with many training tools that include video tutorials, written lessons, and how to articles. The member’s area has many advantages that dog training books and DVDs are unable to provide.
When is online training not for me?
- If you are experiencing aggressive behavior with your dog that has led to serious injuries to yourself or another person, then I recommend you contact a private trainer or a behaviorist that can assess your dog’s aggressive behavior and work with you one on one. If you are experiencing this type of aggressive behavior, you can contact me for guidance.
How much does the program cost?
- A lifetime membership to MyDogTrainingSpot.com will cost you $179.00
How does the Free Trial Work?
- When you sign up as member, you will be asked to enter your credit/debit card information. You have 3 days to try out the program before being charged. On the 4th day, your card will be charged the cost of the program. You have the option to cancel any time before the 4th day without your card being charged.
How do I cancel during my Free Trial Period
- Once you sign up for the program, you have 3 days to try out the service completely free. If you decide to cancel during your free trial, all you have to do is log into your account and click on Cancel the Free Trial. No phone calls or emails necessary.
How do I purchase a Gift Card?
- You can purchase a gift card to the program on our gift card page.
How do I give a Gift Card?
- Once you purchase a gift card, you will receive a gift card number code by email.
- When you are ready to give your gift card, simply give the recipient the gift card number code.
How do I redeem a Gift Card?
- Once you receive your gift card number, you can redeem it by clicking on the Start Training link and entering your gift card number and pin at the bottom of the page.
- You can check the status of your gift card on our gift card page.
What type of devices can I view the membership content on?
- The website is compatible with smart phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops
What if I have a question about the service?
- You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the service. Or you can use the contact page. I will return your email as soon as possible.
When will I start seeing results?
- You should start seeing results immediately as long as you are practicing the material in the training lessons.
How will I know what lessons I should complete?
- I offer a lesson guide in the membership area and various articles that will direct you to the appropriate lesson when necessary to teach a desired behavior.
What is your Training Method?
- I will teach you how to use positive reinforcement along with correct use of body language to communicate with your dog effectively. I do not use clickers, remote collars, or leash pops to get the dog to respond. I do believe that all of these devices and actions have their place when used correctly but can become confusing and ineffective when timing and fading procedures are not precise.
- The method I will show you takes you through a teaching phase, a practice phase, and a maintenance phase. You will be using food rewards during the teaching phase, practicing what your dog has learned through intermittent reinforcement, and then maintaining behavior by substituting other types of rewards such as praise and affection.
Train Your Dog
The Gift of Training
A My Dog Training Spot 12 month membership makes a wonderful gift, any time of year. Give a dog owner you care about the gift of training!